This 57,000 volt power line is still in service in Portland, OR. and was built in 1911 to bring power into Portland from River Mill dam, 35 miles S.E. of the city. The dam and the tower line were built by Portland Railway Light & Power Co. and towers followed their electric railroad for 35 miles. It is now owned by Portland General Electric Co. who is owned by Enron :-( The railroad is now a 7 mile short line and most of the old right of way is now the "Springwater Trail" a hike & bike trail. This type of tower shown is a "compact" version used where property lines were right up to the railway edge. The type shown in picture-3 is most commonly used.