Can anyone ID this strange fuse-like object found in England?

By Ian Macky; posted April 10, 2020

View Original (960 x 960) 70KB


I was asked if I could ID the pictured object, but am stumped. The construction looks somewhat like the Pyrex "navy type" strain insulators, but this thing's much smaller, solid, and only single-ended.

The owner "found something unusual in a field near her (Kent, England) and we're trying to figure out what it is. It's solid glass with a metal end with threading on the metal part."